A BRUNCH MENU FOR MOTHER’S DAY
With Mother’s Day a week away and your favorite restaurant for brunch not open, Spice For Life has a suggestion. Why not prepare a simple yet elegant brunch to honor her? You can let your mother or wife have breakfast in bed. What a wonderful way for her to start off the day! Our Mother’s Day brunch menu includes a cocktail, three choices of entrees, and a choice of desserts.
Our brunch menu starts with our special Spice For Life Bloody Mary recipe made with our own Bloody Mary Spices. This blend adds the right balance of a little heat and smoky flavor to the classic drink. The inspiration for this blend comes from many trips to New Orleans. The recipe takes only five minutes to make. And served with a stalk of celery or a pickle spear you cannot go wrong.
For your main course there are three choices: a frittata with sausage, red pepper, and spinach; a spiced French toast; or an avocado toast.
1) A frittata is like a quiche without the crust. It is a delicious, light, healthy egg dish that takes only 20 minutes to prepare. Our frittata recipe is Italian inspired with sausage, red pepper, and our popular pizza blend made from all sorts of Italian herbs and spices.
2) The spiced French toast recipe takes the classic French toast recipe that everyone enjoys and adds some special cinnamon and nutmeg to enhance the flavor. It takes only 15 minutes to make. Topped off with slices of your favorite fruit, it is a true winner.
3) Avocado toast has become a staple on many restaurant menus. However, what sets our avocado toast recipe apart is our Everything Bagel Seasoning sprinkled generously on top of the avocado. It brings out the richness of the avocado mixed with the garlic, onion, salt, and sesame flavor of the spice blend. Of course, a fried or poached egg can always be added on the top. This recipe also takes only 15 minutes to make.
We conclude our Mother’s Day Brunch with two possible desserts, our twist on Katherine Hepburn’s brownies or our simple blueberry sorbet.
1) Now, there certainly was no woman more elegant than Katherine Hepburn. So of course, we must include her brownie recipe on this menu. Ms. Hepburn’s original recipe didn’t call for Spice For Life’s organic cacao, but our version of these brownies with the cacao results in a rich, complex, deeply chocolate flavor. We think she would approve! And it only takes 10 minutes to prepare the batter.
2) This healthy luscious blueberry sorbet has a wonderful balance of flavors. It comes from the sweet natural flavors of the blueberries balanced by a little heat from the Urfa Biber chile and the freshly squeezed lemon juice. The amount of sugar added is kept to a minimum.
Now that we have planned a simple yet elegant Mother’s Day Brunch menu, why not give it a try? You know it will be appreciated by that very special person.
Happy Mother's Day!